Posts tagged ‘style’
Hype this look here.
I have been adventuring around LA for the past week or so before I have to go back to school, and I love it! My girlfriend came to visit me and we pretty much ate our way through the city, to Pink’s Hot Dogs (had the Pat Morrison Baja Veggie Dog), Umami Burger (Velvet Mule and The Earth Burger), The Farm of Beverly Hills (Spaghetti quash and veggie meatballs, SO GOOD), and Roscoe’s (No chicken for me! Just mac n cheese and cornbread). We also made a trip to the Fashion District, which is like one HUGE flea market, and a night out in West Hollywood.
Because of the move, I am a little late on my New Years extravaganza post, but oh well! I hope you all had a fun and safe New Year’s Eve, I know I did. Does anyone have any New Years resolutions? I think mine is too just make 2013 the best year yet.
What I Wore:
Cheers! Hype this look on loobook!
Yes, that is purple, like easter egg, pastel chalk, lilac flower purple, and I LOVE it! I think pastel hair colors are so pretty and I have been wanting to try one for a while but always had that worry if it will come out right. With the right stylist and color, pastels can be pulled off (just make sure you don’t fry your hair)! Kelly Osbourne was my complete muse for this look. She has transformed her self to a stylish women with a soft edge and I am obsessed.
A dye-less alternative to achieving this color is hair chalking. It is so easy and will last just a few washes then you can try a new color or do as many colors as you want at once.
1. Dampen section of hair where you want the colors.
2. Rub chalk on dampen section. You can find the hair chalk at Free People, Urban Outfitters, Nordstroms, or just use soft pastels.
3. Straighten or curl the section with flat iron to lock in color.
4. Done! It is that easy. To remove just wash and colors will fade.
Happy Tuesday! Hope everyone is having a good week so far! This is one of my favorite DIY projects I have done; it is so easy and turns out amazing! (AND makes a great, inexpensive gift!) You’ll notice that this trend is very in style and you do not need to use an expensive pair of heels (or flats) for it to look awesome, I used a pair from Forever 21. Also, the glitter will make you sparkle at all of your holiday parties.
What You Need:
How You Do It:
1. Mark on the shoes where you want the glitter to go.
2. Paint on the Mod Podge in marked area.
3. Pour glitter over the Mod Podge (put a bucket below or the glitter will go everywhere!)
4. Shake! And let the loose glitter come off.
5. Repeat if necessary.
6. Let dry 24 hours.
7. Touch up if needed then cover the glitter with Mod Podge or any sealant to keep the glitter from falling off.
8. Wear and look amazing or gift!
Check out the complete look here!
The other night I was feeling spontaneous and decided to cut my bangs. It turned out to be pretty easy and I love them. I look kind of mod.
If you haven’t yet you should definitely visit their site and subscribe to great e-mails about the latest steals, styles and products! I often find inspiration from them.
I have been so busy and slackin’ on my bloggin’ duties. But i’ll be back in action soon enough…The school year’s almost over & I start FIDM in July; i’m sooo ready!