Posts from the ‘DIY’ Category
Yes, that is purple, like easter egg, pastel chalk, lilac flower purple, and I LOVE it! I think pastel hair colors are so pretty and I have been wanting to try one for a while but always had that worry if it will come out right. With the right stylist and color, pastels can be pulled off (just make sure you don’t fry your hair)! Kelly Osbourne was my complete muse for this look. She has transformed her self to a stylish women with a soft edge and I am obsessed.
A dye-less alternative to achieving this color is hair chalking. It is so easy and will last just a few washes then you can try a new color or do as many colors as you want at once.
1. Dampen section of hair where you want the colors.
2. Rub chalk on dampen section. You can find the hair chalk at Free People, Urban Outfitters, Nordstroms, or just use soft pastels.
3. Straighten or curl the section with flat iron to lock in color.
4. Done! It is that easy. To remove just wash and colors will fade.
Happy Tuesday! Hope everyone is having a good week so far! This is one of my favorite DIY projects I have done; it is so easy and turns out amazing! (AND makes a great, inexpensive gift!) You’ll notice that this trend is very in style and you do not need to use an expensive pair of heels (or flats) for it to look awesome, I used a pair from Forever 21. Also, the glitter will make you sparkle at all of your holiday parties.
What You Need:
How You Do It:
1. Mark on the shoes where you want the glitter to go.
2. Paint on the Mod Podge in marked area.
3. Pour glitter over the Mod Podge (put a bucket below or the glitter will go everywhere!)
4. Shake! And let the loose glitter come off.
5. Repeat if necessary.
6. Let dry 24 hours.
7. Touch up if needed then cover the glitter with Mod Podge or any sealant to keep the glitter from falling off.
8. Wear and look amazing or gift!
Check out the complete look here!
Nowadays, everyone’s holiday gift budget is smaller but we still wants to be the best gifter. For the next couple weeks I am going to show how easy it is to make great gifts that will not break your budget (and still will be cute!) Who new it was so easy to make your own customized ceramics. Now, I am not an artist so I just stuck to basic lettering but you can do as much or as little as you like! It just takes a few supplies and an oven.
What to do….
1. Pick a design which you can free hand or trace with the tracing paper. Keep in mind, whatever you trace will be flipped when you put it onto the ceramic so if you are doing text, copy it backwards.
2. Once you have the design traced, tape the tracing paper onto the ceramic, pencil side down.
3. Use the pencil to scratch over the design, this will transfer it to the ceramic.
4. Go over the design in sharpie (any color, be creative!)
5. Put the ceramic in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes.
6. Shut off the oven and let sit it for an extra 15 to 30 minutes until cooled.
7. And you’re done! Take out your ceramic and gift it as you please!
The other night I was feeling spontaneous and decided to cut my bangs. It turned out to be pretty easy and I love them. I look kind of mod.
If you haven’t yet you should definitely visit their site and subscribe to great e-mails about the latest steals, styles and products! I often find inspiration from them.
Recently I tried out adding spikes to a new pair of heels I have and surprisingly it was a very easy way to make my shoes look more fun. You can try it on leather bracelets, jackets, shorts, shoes or anything else you can think of. Seriously, easy as 1, 2, 3!
And you’re done!
Check out this look here!
I’m sure it doesn’t get more conceited than putting your face on a shirt but hey, it’s all for fun. It was easy and inexpensive using Cafe Press (where you can customize your own shirts, stickers, bottles, bags, etc.) through Urban Outfitters. Simply pick a shirt style, pick a template or start from scratch and begin customizing! You can upload pictures or use clip art they already have and add text. I think it’s fun and you can get really creative. When you’re finished you can order one or 100, it’s up to you!